Wednesday , April 14 2021

Dolce & Gabbana is facing a crisis in China for advertisements and insults | Economy | business



Chinese consumers call for a boycott Dolce & Gabbana after the Italian fashion company published videos that were criticized as racist and insensitive, which had evicted drama on social networks that led to the delays in the Shanghai hours before it started.

The storm intensified after screenshots scanned from the Instagram account of co-founder Stefano Gabbana were dropped on stage and Chinese celebrities came back from the event.

The videos show a Chinese model that strives to eat Italian meals such as spaghetti and cannolis with a couple of cakes. I was originally published this week on Weibo, a Chinese microblogging service, and it was lost after a violent general reaction. The videos could still be viewed on the company's Instagram account on Wednesday.

The company did not respond to text messages and emails asking for comments.

Dolce & Gabbana has had difficulties as global luxury brands rely more than ever China to promote growth. The country's consumers spent more than $ 100 billion on last year's high-level purchases, almost a third of the world. Feeling China's demand for premium products will slow down the confidence of falling consumers, and that the US-China commercial war has caused a decline in luxury stocks worldwide last month, eliminating some US $ 160 billion in market capitalization.

ADS AND OFFENSIVE NEWS

Chinese netizens said that the video advertisements had racist connections, from the way chopsticks were introduced as "small cylindrical equipment" to the model stereotyping appearance, which was wearing red D & G red dress. The videos include Chinese traditional music and a men's voice that's asking the model that wants to eat the digest: "Is it too big for me? you? " The advertisements were part of a campaign to promote the Shanghai luxury fashion show scheduled for Wednesday.

The issue was intensified as the Instbram Gabbana screen screens came to an expense, including the exchange of messages that said the videos had "posted by my will". In another message, he complained about "Chinese ignorant, dirty and palliative mafia", according to widely distributed abrasion.

Later the brand said in publications on social networks that its account and Gabbana had been hacked. The company apologized for "any impact and harm that these false comments have made to China and people" and said that he has always "loved and respected the country" and "# 39 to culture

BOICOT

The latest disturbance comes as Chinese consumers become increasingly fast to challenge brands for marketing strategies that they consider guilty, unlucky or racist. Christian Dior of LVMH has faced criticism for adding to its list of Chinese social media star brand ambassadors called Angelababy, often considered to be a kind of Chinese Kim Kardashian, while its list of Western stars includes the renowned Jennifer Lawrence.

Previously, Dolce & Gabbana had already been the subject of a debate in China. Last year, the brand withdrew post-advertisements online after Internet users were not social media to criticize the company for representing China that has not been developed. Another Chinese tourist tournament showed "self-self" in Italy.

Before the brand announced the deferral of the Wednesday show, a number of Chinese celebrities, including the actors of Zhang Ziyi and Li Bingbing, announced that they would not attend in the light of scandal. Both said they would be roboting the brand.

The user of Chinese social networks was fired by the frenzy. "D & G Parade Canceled" and "D & G Designer" were the two most searched topics on the Weibo page in China on Wednesday afternoons.


Source link