Wednesday , November 25 2020

A family loses everything in a devastating fire a few weeks before Christmas



A family lost everything they owned after a fire destroyed their home just weeks before Christmas.

The fire, which apparently started in a bedroom, spread rapidly throughout the property in Fazakerley, Liverpool, destroying it.

Joanne Bresnahan, 43, said she was ordering delivery of a takeaway to her home when she heard a “crackling” noise coming from her daughter Rebecca’s bedroom.

When she went upstairs to check what was happening, Joanne found the bedroom “completely engulfed in flames”, the Liverpool Echo reports.

Despite her efforts to try to extinguish the fire with buckets of water, it was already too late.



The fire caused the loft to collapse

The fire was believed to have started from a laptop in the bedroom before spreading throughout the property, blowing out windows and causing the bedroom to fall through into the living room.

Joanne’s niece Carla Bresnahan, 36, is now asking people to donate to a GoFundMe she set up to help her family.

Carla explained that the family had already gone through a lot this year as Rebecca, 20, had a brain tumor.

Shared photos of the family’s house show the extent of the damage caused by the fire – meaning they lost everything they had.

Carla told the Liverpool Echo: “It was a Saturday night and her daughter Rebecca was in the bedroom. She had gone downstairs to order a Chinese and it was only about five minutes downstairs to install the order.



All the windows of the house were also broken due to the fire

“Her mother Joanne heard a crackling noise or something upstairs. She didn’t know what it was so she went upstairs to check and Rebecca’s room was completely engulfed in flames.

“She shouted at her partner ‘there’s a fire in Rebecca’s room’ and went down to get buckets of water.

“Because they had gone back upstairs the fire was too bad for them to get back in. It was so bad.

“They’ve got the dogs and gone outside, approached the neighbors and called the fire brigade.”

Carla said: “The loft is now in the living room. The fire brigade couldn’t believe how fast it had gone through.

“They’ve lost everything.

“Joanne’s daughter hasn’t had a brain tumor for a long time. She’s only 20 years old.

“They’ve gone through so much this year.”

Carla said that Joanne and her partner Jason are currently staying in a hotel while Rebecca is staying at a friend’s house.

The family has been told that it will take nine months before they can move back into the property and they have lost all their belongings.

Carla said: “Joanne is just in shock. She’s trying to put on a brave face and keep saying ‘we’re all still alive that’s all that matters’, but a day will come. down when she breaks down.

“It felt so embarrassing that I made the page and that people have been helping but of course we’re going to help as much as we can.”

You can donate to the GoFundMe page by clicking here




Source link