(AOF) – Carrefour publishes a partnership between two of its international partners, Majid Al Futtaim and CFAO Retail, and Jumia, an e-commerce expert on the continent of Africa. This partnership will market their product lines through Market Place Jumia in four African countries: Camerwn, Côte d'Ivoire, Senegal and Kenya.
"Thanks to this new partnership, Carrefour strengthens its presence on the continent of Africa, which is experiencing a very rapid development of e-commerce" can read in a statement.
The distributor present is free Africa's duty in 7 countries with local partners in 227 stores.
AOF – MORE LEARNING
– Europe's first and second world food distributor;
– Business of € 78.8 billion centered in four major markets, France for 45% of sales, the rest of Europe – Belgium, Spain and Italy – for 27%, Latin America – mainly Brazil – 20%, then Asia-China and Taiwan;
– Comprehensive comprehensive strategy in the "Carrefour 2020" scheme: a simple multi-channel organization, with a French voluntary departure scheme (2,400 people) and Fnac-Darty, Showroomprivé or Tencent partnerships in China / productivity gains, and competitiveness through investments of € 2 billion a year in commercial competitiveness and brand development, by reducing costs of € 2 billion from 2020 and a decrease in the pre-DIA fleet / creating an omnichannel universe by opening 2,000 convenience stores in the next 5 years. big cities, accelerating the Money and Caring format with 20 new Atacadão in Brazil, a 16 supermarket transformation to Maxi in Argentina, and expanding Promocash into France by 2018, with digital investments, up to € 2.8 billion by 2022 with a € 5 billion revenue target in e-commerce by 2022 / improving the quality of food with the objective of 1M of new consumers of fresh produce in France by 2022, € 5bn of sales in the secto r organic and 1/3 sales through Carrefour brand products by 2022;
– A strategic partnership with Google active from 2019 for mobile sales and associated speakers, with a training agreement on artificial intelligence;
– a comfortable financial situation, allowing to serve the dividend despite the net loss of the group.
Weaknesses in value
– The negative impact of money, especially the real Brazil;
– Towards an increase in e-commerce competition, especially from Amazon, in the food sector;
– Four major difficulties: strong competitive pressures, especially in France, higher distribution costs in the Group's main markets, more depreciation due to the strong investment policy in the past and a harder situation in Argentina;
– Still a difficult situation in Argentina, a shortfall for the second consecutive year;
– the results of 2017 in loss;
– Image of governance ignored by the amount of redundancy payments, finally reduced, given to the former leader of the group;
– Tensions between shareholders and the oversight turnover of the presidents.
How to follow the value
– Sensitivity to consumer purchasing power, geopolitical risks in Europe, regulatory approvals for shop openings;
– Evolution of market shares in France, Brazil and Spain, the 3 key countries in the group with 8/10 current operating income;
– Continuous recovery in Brazil, China and Taiwan;
– Purchases on the purchase of the group by Amazon;
– Advanced as of 2018 of the "Carrefour 2020" scheme: cost reductions, selling 273 pre-God stores, acceleration of "cash and core" sales formats in Brazil and Argentina, launching the Carrefour platform and creating 170 "Drives" in France;
– Capital distribution with two large shareholders – the Moulin family, who also owns Galeries Lafayette (11.51% of shares), and Groupe Arnault (8.57%).
In light of the strategic turning point of e-commerce in the food industry, retail players need themselves. Some form partnerships such as Alibaba and Auchan in China. Protective strategies are also covered and different schemes are presented: "Vision 2025" in Auchan, logistics transformations in Intermarché, "Carrefour 2022". This restructuring sometimes means redundancy or savings. Therefore, it is forecasting 2 billion euros of savings by 2022 in Carrefour. The supermarket's future question is more than ever essential. Carrefour and Casino have already planned to reduce their buildings while the "Drive" formula continues to evolve. According to the Fevad there are more than 4,000 existing in the territory.