The court of Bydgoszcz did not apply for a preventative measure in the form of three months of a prisoner for the cinematographer Matthew L. who, among others, heard an alleged breach of the physical integrity of police officers. The office of prosecutor does not refuse to appeal against this decision.
Matthew L. is taking part in the Camerimage Film Festival in Bydgoszcz. The Office of the Prosecutor of the Bydgoszcz-Południe Region asked the arrest three months.
A spokesman for the Area Prosecutor's Office in Bydgoszcz, Agnieszka Adamska-Okońska, told PAP on Thursday that the court had not allowed the prosecutor's request and did not implement any other preventative measures.
– Of course, we are considering the decision. We will decide this soon, "explained the prosecutor's spokesperson. He added that the request for detention was justified by" the need to ensure that the transactions were appropriate in their circumstances, but above all for the legal position of the person suspects. "In our opinion, fear that it could not be available to us at specific stages of transactions" – he explained in an interview with PAP Adamska-Okońska.
He added that the office of the prosecutor had 7 days to appeal, but actions will be taken much faster.
– The prosecutor presented two costs to this man. One is concerned about his behavior towards medical rescues – which is contrary to independence, causing injury and insult. Response and personal injury cause one of the rescuers and insult both. The second complaint is about the breach of physical integrity and police officer assaults – said Adamska-Okońska at PAP on Wednesday. The suspect was questioned at the World Prosecutor's Office of Bydgoszcz-Południe.
Earlier, the man heard accusations during the action taken by police officers. There may be up to three years in prison for breaking the massiveness of a public officer on duty.
A 50-year-old American operator was held on Tuesday. Matthew L. – nominated for the Oscar for "Black Swan."
– For five hours in the morning, we had a complaint about a hotel res in Bydgoszcz, which would be started by a 50-year-old US citizen with medical rescues. On arrival, the man was struggling with the rescuers and did not respond to party orders. He had face-to-face injuries. His assault came to policing, and it turned out against physical aging – said the spokesman on Tuesday Provincial Police Department in Bydgoszcz podinsp. Monika Chlebicz.
Later, the operator was transported to hospital due to his health condition.
– After a number of consultations, he went to a police retention center. Yfory, it is intended to take a court case with him, as police officers filed a warning of insult and breach their physical integrity – Chlebicz emphasized. He added that the man was very poisonous. In the afternoon, medical rescuers also did it on Tuesday.
Justice Minister and General Prosecutor Zbigniew Ziobro announced at a press conference on Wednesday that he instructed his deputy prosecutor Krzysztof Sierak to prepare the analysis and "possible guides" about prosecutor's cases in cases from attacking rescue teams – paramedics, doctors or firefighters – from the people they provide can help.
He also reminded media reports about such incidents, including the case of Bydgoszcz.
– Yesterday, I decided that it could not continue. We have to act determined and determined – the head of the Ministry of Justice was emphasized. As he said, based on the analysis, guidance was made for the office of prosecutor and law enforcement agencies regarding the rules of conducting offenses at the expense of paramedics. Ziobro signed these guidelines during a press conference.
One of the guides imposes an office and prosecutor to initiate a case whenever there is a sign of the possibility of committing such crimes, including when there are media reports on the subject.
As Ziobro said, he noted in the guides that "offenders of this type of crime should be stopped immediately, collecting evidence in the case and bringing against them costs, and deciding on the application of preventative measures, including keeping before trial ".
He informed that, due to the significant social harm in this type of deeds, he forced the prosecutors to apply for serious penalties to the perpetrator. – As a rule, they can not be a temporary sentence, he must be a penalty of absolute prison – Ziobro said.
– If the court treats this type of offenders too lightly, I will force and instruct prosecutors to appeal to appeal to courts and ask for much more serious penalties – he stressed.
Ziobro also added that the implementation of the recommendations will be the subject of an official evaluation. He also expressed an assumption that they will be applied to the movie operator kept in Bydgoszcz.