MANILA – An employer of a home worker Filipina who died in Kuwait faces a felony murder charge, said the Department of Foreign Affairs on Thursday.
Emmanuel Fernandez, DFA Assistant Secretary, Bader Ibrahim Mohammad Hussain noted as the employer of Constancia Lago Dayag, who was alleged to have suffered a physical and sexual assault before she died.
"I suppose, of course, that he was innocent until he was convicted. And the results of the autopsy have not yet shown whether there was evil during Ms Dayag's death."
It faces a felony murder complaint filed by the Office of Prosecutor General Kuwaiti and supported by the Philippine Embassy, said the DFA.
Dayag remains arrived on Thursday Thursday.
According to the labor department earlier, Dayag's body said that a number of accusations and hematoma had occurred, with signs of possible sexual abuse.
In a separate statement earlier on Thursday, the DFA reiterated that it had requested the release of the official forensic report by the Department of Criminal Evidence Interior of Kuwait Ministry.
The National Bureau of Investigation will also conduct an independent autopsy to determine the cause of Dayag's death.
The agency has requested permission from the family to bring Dayag residues to the University of the Philippines – Philippine General Hospital Forensic Hospital (UP-PGH) for examination.
The DFA will also provide financial support to P100,000 to the Dayag family to help with the cost of his funeral.