CEBU CITY, Philippines – May 10 is the date to suspend all of Cebu City's voter calendar for the long-awaited surface between the Mayor of Cebu City, Tomas Osmeña and Vice-Mayor Edgardo Labella.
This was confirmed by solicitor Regal Oliva, president of the City of Philippines Chapter, Cebu City Chapter, to CDN Digital on Sunday, May 5, after Labella's request to move the debate timetable to 10 May, Friday, 6 May. , Monday.
“Consistent with the objectives of IBP Cebu City in organizing this debate, we would like to officially announce that IBP Discussions will be moved to May 10, 2019,” said Oliva.
The IBP debate was originally scheduled to be slated on April 22 but it was moved to May 6 to surrender to keep to Holy Week.
It seemed that all had to be scheduled on May 6th until Saturday, May 4, at 7:45 pm, when Labella shared a picture of a letter sent to Oliva asking the debate to be moved to May 10.
READ: Labella to IBP Cebu City: Move 6 May to discuss with Osmeña to May 10
Labella said he had a “very important meeting in Manila” which prevented him from attending the debate if he fell on 6 May.
In the same job, Labella also said that postponing the debate earlier from April 22 to May 6 had been done without his consent.
Oliva said, however, that IBP had been holding meetings with the applicants and their representatives since April 17 regarding the event, which included publication of the guidelines and postponing dates.
The last briefing took place on Friday, 3 May.
Oliva said the organization had not received a copy of the letter that Labella posted on social media.
“Although we have seen jobs on the official page of Vice-Mayor Edgar Labella from a letter dated May 5, 2019 to refer to IBP's Cebu City Chapter asking for the postponement of IBP debates May 6 to 10 May, we have not received such a letter or any official correspondence from VM Labella, ”said Oliva.
“However, it was reported that Mayor Tomas Osmeña had agreed that the arguments should be moved to May 10, 2019,” added Oliva.
An IBP official said the debate would still take place at Cebu City Sports Club for 1 p.m. on May 10 and will use the same tickets sold for May 6 schedule.
“We are trying to ensure that the public are thoroughly enjoyed and understood because of this delay. We anticipate the same support and enthusiasm to attend this activity as part of the political and democratic process of voting rights. See all on May 10, 2019, ”said Oliva. / cel
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this website do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of the managers and owner of Cebudailynews. We keep the right to exclude comments that we consider inconsistent with our editorial standards.