Thursday , July 7 2022

'Devastated'; Jamie Oliver's restaurants go into administration



[ad_1]

Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver has called in administrators for his restaurants, putting up to 1300 jobs at risk.

The company said Tuesday that it had gone into the hands of the administrators, a kind of bankruptcy defense, and had appointed KPMG to oversee the process.

The company operates Italian chain Jamie, Barbecoa and Fifteen. A total of 25 restaurants are affected.

Oliver, known worldwide for his cook books and TV shows, said he was "devastating".

READ MORE:
* Jamie Oliver's Australian restaurant chain is falling
* Sky prevents former Liverpool player Jamie Carragher from spitting on a teenage girl
Jamie Oliver's Barbecue chain is fighting, Naked Chef moves to protect his food empire

Jamie Oliver said he had destroyed the restaurants had been administered.

SUPPLY

Jamie Oliver said he had destroyed the restaurants had been administered.

In a statement, Oliver thanked "all the customers who have enjoyed us and supported us over the past decade, it has been a great pleasure to serve you."

"We launched Jamie's Italian in 2008 with the intention of disrupting positive eating in the middle market in UK High Street, with great value and ingredients of much higher quality, welfare standards. T best animals in class and an amazing team who shared my passion for great food and service, and we did just that. "

KPMG was likely to lead a search for a new owner, Sky News reported.

In 2017, Oliver closed six of his 43 Italian Italian restaurants in Britain in the midst of difficult trading conditions and a lower pound following the British vote to leave the European Union.

A year later, his two barbecue chains in London were said to be on the verge of collapse.

[ad_2]
Source link