Rabat – Moroccan head of the newspaper, Taoufik Bouachrine, has been sentenced to 12 years imprisonment on Friday night for rape, has never denied after a trial of healing and shared his opinion.
"Political process"for some,"business of morals"For others: the case that took place in a camera since March 8 in Casablanca has entertained the local press due to the personality of the accused and the severity of the payments,"trafficking in people","misuse of power for sexual purposes","rape and try to rape".
After arresting in his newspaper offices during the spectacular police operation and was imprisoned, the daily newspaper director, Akhbar al-Yaoum, was sought by the Criminal Division of the Casablanca Court of Appeal and & # 39; he acknowledged him guilty of all accounts.
The influential journalist raises 20 years in prison. His solicitors had pleaded for his sin.
– "Political process"-
When asked to speak for the last time on Friday, the defendant said he was "a political trial victim because of his head", told AFP, one of the lawyers of Mohamed Ziane.
"Silent and sure of it"he was worried that"In the Arab world, we still do not understand what freedom of the press is", according to his lawyer.
He claimed he was paying for his writings against Moroccan politicians, such as the billionaire Aziz Akhannouch, Minister of Agriculture, and against Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
He assured him "He learned from government sources complaining the Saudi embassy in Rabat to the head of the government of both critical critics", according to his lawyer Abdelmoula El Marouri.
"It is a criminal case, with facts and victims. There is no relationship between expressing political perspectives and committing sexual assault", one of the civilian lawyers challenged, Me Mohammed Karout.
The court awarded compensation to victims ranging from 100,000 to 500,000 land (about 9,000 to 46,000 euros).
The civilian party considers "compensation does not amount to compensation"and intend to appeal, says Mr Karout.
The fee is based on complaints, witnesses and about fifty videos of sexual men found in her office during her arrest.
The extremely prominent images, some of which have dropped in the press, show "bad habits", according to lawyers of the plaintiffs, while the defense claims that it was"games".
Technical expertise that took place during the trial confirmed the validity of the videos. But according to the defense, there is nothing to recognize Taoufik Bouachrine formally.
In its latest releases, the press manager has once again denied that the man has been filming in the videos that also show "views of consensual links", according to one of lawyers.
The case has seen several blames since the trial opened: four girls were identified as "injuriesThe prosecution dismissed that she was anxious, and one of them was sentenced to six months in prison for accused the police from falsifying her statement, a sentence confirmed on an appeal this week. to appear in court
In the end, 8 of the 15 civilians originally named by the prosecution were recognized as victims and compensated, according to civilian lawyers.
Due to the closed session, the local press distributed reports of conflicts during the trial, with detailed evidence on the "perversions"the accused, the other protests indicate"case having to start the start".
Taoufik Bouachrine had already prosecuted: in 2009 because love was considered disrespectful to the royal family and the national flag, in 2015 for a damaging article "to Morocco's reputation"in early 2018 for"defamation"against two ministers.