Today, November 12 is the day of the fight against obesity, an event that aims to inform and sensitize the population about the need to adopt measures to prevent and treat overweight and obesity, growing disease without discrimination of gender, age, social class or geographical region.
Obesity is an excessive body fat that leads to pressure that is detrimental to the health of people suffering from it. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) 39% of adults are overweight and 13% are obese.
The severity of this condition is that the increase in body fat condition may appear a number of serious chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, high blood pressure and even some types of cancer.
The question is, how can we prevent home hypertension and obesity, with small changes that include the whole family? These pathologies have several causes, but healthy weight, without doubt, is a balanced, varied and healthy diet. There is no way of balancing the diet if we do not realize what a healthy lifestyle suggests, it is not obsessed with calories counting or removing food groups, such as "fruit", but learning to get All the nutrients that are necessary for the body, selecting the foods we take to the plate better.
Here are some recommendations to prevent hypertension and obesity:
- Increase usage of fruit, from 2 to 3 a day: we can incorporate them in the breakfast and snack, when collecting to break the hours between meals, or, like a pudding. Let's choose fruit & season which is more economical and gives us the nutrients that we need depending on the time of the year.
- Use Fresh salad with each meal (lunch and lunch), by increasing the use of vegetables and thereby, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Use worms at least 2 times a week. At this time of year, we can prepare salads of phonics, beans, chicks or soybeans.
- Reduce drinking "white" bread a he prefers those who are inherently or with added bran, oats, seeds, etc. Choose them for breakfast and / or snack, avoid eating them with meals.
- Reduce usage of sugar and to replace with sweeteners, such as Stevia, which is more natural and free of calories.
- Use rough butcher from cow, chicken, pork and river and sea fish, where possible.
- Do not skip meals. The fractionation of the characters throughout the day is essential in a healthy diet. At least we have to achieve the 4 main foods, to stimulate our metabolism.
- Use At least 8 glasses of water a day, in addition to the dispersions (partner or feeling). In addition, we can choose fruit juice with water, and thus reduce the use of soft drinks and alcoholic drinks.
- Performing At least 50 minutes a day of physical activity, always trying to adapt it to the rhythm of life and especially to the state of health, with medical controls and the guidance of professionals of physical activity.
In the fight against obesity, governments and different companies in the food industry have a very important role, but the first change must appear in us and a reflection on how we look after our health and the consequences that this can raise. Take the first step to start to see positive changes, in body weight and quality of life. Let's join this battle to improve our current and have a future with fewer deaths due to obesity or illnesses caused by it.
Dr. Romina Krauss-Nutricitionist
M.P. n ° 147