Wednesday , October 20 2021

Kadir Jasin says that the P2P housing scheme is badly presented – Nation



[ad_1]

PETALING JAYA: The way in which the peer-to-peer housing (P2P) scheme was dealt with reveals the government to allegations of concurrence and nepotism, says Datuk A. Kadir Jasin (pic).

The Media Minister and Prime Minister said the plan had been published in the 2019 Budget, which was introduced on Friday (November 2), and only two days later on Sunday (November 4), the parties he believed that they had submitted their offer, disclosed themselves to the public.

"Yes, the Finance Minister can announce this as a policy, but the right way to do this is to ask for as many parties as possible so that the government has many options to choose," said Kadir in his person Personal ability as a blogger on Friday (November 9).

Kadir, who is also a member of the regional councils of Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia, said that although they want the project to succeed, this is the first ever such funding scheme in the world and people would think and ask questions about it.

First Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, said that the world's first type of design offers first home buyers the opportunity to pay only 20% to own a house, The remaining investors of 80% are paid by the peers peer funding framework investors.

Finance Minister, Lim Guan Eng in introducing the 2019 Budget, said that the peer funding framework (P2P), which would be regulated by the Securities Commission, would become "live" in the first quarter of next year on for the first home- buyers.

According to Kadir, the real problem with housing was affordability, and not funding, as prices had been neglected while there was no income.

"Profiteering is making the situation worse," he said, adding that he would leave the clever people in Bank Negara and the Economic Planning Unit (EPU) to & # 39 ; w counting.

He said that technology could help and better and cheaper ways of mass production would be affordable housing.

"I understand that at least one major property developer associated with the government is experimenting with the idea of ​​manufactured houses and flats," he said.

On another issue, Kadir said a former minister had indicated that the Deputy Minister for Trade and International Trade Ong Kian Ming had gone on television to discuss the budget before it was introduced.

Kadir said the old "angry" minister argues that the budget is a confidential document as it includes taxes and critical policies.

"What this former minister drives for is that confidentiality is important in planning and drafting the budget, and that proper ministers and remuneration must be given to civil servants, "he said.

[ad_2]
Source link