Coronavirus: The health units of the entire territory have been warned, as the country is now treated as a health area for the treatment of patients with coronavirus.
At the heart of the pandemic is Northern Greece and in particular the Thessaloniki, as a result inpatient and suffocating hospitals.
This was the reason why the Minister for Health, Vassilis Kikilias he was found in the joint capital, where he announced 50 new ICU beds, while a appeal to Northern Greece doctors in these specialties – 4,221 are the registered doctors at Thessaloniki Medical Society – to support and assist the National Health System.
At the same time, according to information transmitted by OPEN, there still is thoughts to form Covid hospital in Vellideio, if the system needs support. As mentioned, it will work support, it will not be done immediately, but it has a backup to use.
They operate all over the country today 1,104 ICU beds, according to information from the Ministry of Health.
- Of these, 781 are occupied and 323 are vacant (29%).
- The ICU-non COVIDs are currently 608, 446 occupied and 162 vacancies (26.5%).
- The ICU-COVIDs are currently 496. Of these, 335 are occupied and 161 vacancies (32.5%).
In addition, the ICU-COVID that serves the needs of Thessaloniki (including Halkidiki, Katerini and Kavala Hospitals) is currently 148. Of these, 132 are living and 16 are vacant (11%).
At his Hospitals Attica, on the other hand, the ICU-COVID is 206 today. Of these, 130 are occupied and 76 vacant (37%).
The total number of beds available nationwide for the treatment of confirmed COVID-19 cases is 4,773.
The patients with COVID-19 are currently in hospital at 2,513 (total ICU, MAF, MEL, negative pressure chambers and single beds)
Details by Health Region:
- 1st RAE (Attica): 485 (out of 1,133 beds available)
- 2nd RAE (Piraeus and Aegean): 212 (out of the 426 beds available)
- 3rd RAE (Macedonia): 524 (out of the 719 beds available)
- 4th RAE (Macedonia and Thrace): 697 (out of 1,149 available beds)
- 5th RAE (Thessaly and Central Greece): 249 (out of the 413 beds available)
- 6th RAE (Peloponnese, Ionian Islands, Epirus and Western Greece): 200 (out of the 534 beds available)
- 7th RAE (Crete): 39 (out of the 231 available beds)
- Military Hospitals: 107 (out of 168 available beds).
Why did they set up tents outside AHEPA and Ippokratio
Tents were set up and outside the Thessaloniki Hippocratic Hospital, after AHEPA in an effort to strengthen the infrastructure and meet the growing needs that are being created because of the pandemic.
The tents were put in order perform coronavirus detection tests who have Covid-19 symptoms, so they do not need to enter the hospital building for this purpose, as reported by GrTimes.
In this way it is reduced the risk of hospital dispersal from patients who are already infected.
Judged as well development is needed of these transmission structures so as not to carry out the tests in the open space given the worsening weather conditions.
Similar scenes have been established for days now in the outdoor areas of AHEPA.
See the photos in the gallery:
See all the latest News from Greece and the World, the moment they happen, at Newsbomb.gr
Lock Down: Reset the counter – New strict measures are coming in December as well