Similar event related to Linky happened a month ago in the same city.
Y Monde.fr with AFP
• Updated the
The Linky meter, placed outside a butcher's shop in Châlette-sur-Loing (Loiret), caused a fire without causing injuries, a month after a similar incident including Linky in the same city. The fire happened objects on Friday, November 9 at midday, according to firefighters and the police, confirming information from the Central Republic.
"The origin of the fire would be accidental", at AFP police source. The site owner is "Boucherie du Center" has stated his intention to make a complaint against Enedis. His new meter was set three months ago, in his absence. Videos made by witnesses show the smoking counter. We see the fire start with crack, then black smoke and finally flames.
This is the second time in less than a month that Linky's meter is associated with fire in this city of almost 13,000 residents. On October 13th, there was a pavilion counter for fifteen days after "Explosion", according to the words of its owner. The pavilion was badly damaged and his two residents, a retired couple, were exhausted. "Electricity meter can not blast or hold fire spontaneously"says Enedis.
So far, there is nothing to decide on the origin of the fire. A duty officer at the Val de Loire Enedis Center said he was waiting for the results of the survey. "The meters have been tested in the laboratory and do not explode, there is no breath effect", He said this framework, saying that only "There are 2% of fires of electrical origin in France due to account boards, a figure that has not changed for years".
After installing at a rate of 30,000 a day, green antenna counters now supply 11 million homes. The legislator requires Enidis, a subsidiary of EDF, to deal with the territory, ie about 35 million meters by 2021. To date, there are 91,000 Meter Connections set in Loiret.