February 03, 2019 – 11:30 p.m.
There are 32.6 million people living with cancer in the world (patients diagnosed during the last 5 years – and who was still living). Every year, 8.2 million people die from this disease.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the number of new cases, which will add to more than 14 million annually, will increase by 70% in the next 20 years.
According to the Globocan Project of the International Association of Cancer Registries (IACR), the four most common types of cancer – the lungs, the breast, the colon and prostate – are responsible for 4 out of 10 diagnoses (42% of all the causes of global cancer), lung cancer is the most common type of men, while breast re-occurring is highest amongst women.
Disease is not one disease, but a group of related diseases. Many of our genes, our lifestyle and the environment surround, increase or reduce the risk of cancer development.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), having a healthy lifestyle means that human beings reach the state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and to achieve this, it must include activities, behaviors and arrangements in its everyday life that strengthens physical activity, improves food and allows a connection between mind and body, leaving any sense of stress.
A healthy habit is born of the person's interest in order to improve their life; then it's about to involve daily exercise, organizing your diet keeping fruit and vegetables in mind, leaving each other to smoke, reducing the use of alcoholic beverages, stress management in period of conflict or pressure, among other activities.
For Oncologists Hematococol S.A. The health of all Colombians is very important, so today, February 4, on the International Day of the Fight Against Cancer, makes the following recommendations that help to adopt healthy eating practices that improve health and therefore quality of life. Some of them:
• Adopt a culture of self care, which includes daily exercise, a balanced diet that includes fruit, vegetables and water consumption. A diet that is full of fruit and vegetables can have a protective effect against many types of cancer.
• On the other hand, too much red and tin food may be associated with increased risk of developing colorectal cancer. In addition, eating habits that prevent the development of dietary-related cancers also contribute to reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
• Hypertension and obesity are associated, on the one hand, and many types of cancer, such as esophagus, colon and rectum, breast, endometrial and kidneys, on the other.
• Only take time to rest, relax, reflection or sleep, which allows creating space to fold the body and work the mind, establishing a connection between these two factors.
• Create a sense of life, which includes goals, long-term and short-term goals and driving force when starting a new day.
• Improve self-esteem and self-love, be positive, take time for yourself, turn and congratulate yourself when you feel it is necessary.
• Take time to read a book, which can enrich the vocabulary, improve spelling and especially learn new ways of thinking that will open your mind.
• Take a break to travel and meet new people who broaden their world concept.
And there are more recommendations that the person can find browsing on the internet and visiting their reliable doctor. The important thing is to get the attitude and the commitment to take the first step and start a change process that starts from the inside.
Remember that great experts claim that cancer can be avoided and even improved when a healthy lifestyle is adopted that allows a healthy and positive connection between the body and the mind.
We invite you to learn more about this disease at www.hematooncologos.com Experience for Life!
You can also visit us at Calle 5B5 # 38-10 B / San Fernando, Cali or dial 524 58 39.