Thursday , January 20 2022

A woman died after having an overdose of Botox in Hong Kong


A 52-year-old woman died this morning in Hong Kong after receiving an overdose of Botox in an aesthetic clinic, the third case of this type in less than a month in China, reports Hong Kong newspaper From China Post Morning.

According to this report, clinic staff issued around 5 pm on Sunday that the wife, named in Cheung, had exacerbated after receiving Botox treatment.

After being transferred in critical condition to Queen Elizabeth's Hospital, the health personnel certified his death at 09:42 local (01:42 GMT) on Monday.

According to digital sources quoted by police, The woman would have received more than ten injections of Botox at the center, it has not been clear on the issue.

Medical complaints

As a result of this situation, the plastic surgeon was arrested Franklin Li Wang-pong, 86, who had been suspended for five months previously due to the death of another patient.

The professional took part in a fatal liposuction procedure in 2003 and this Monday he was held in custody for regulations allegedly violating the use of dangerous drugs.

Botulinum toxin, better known in Botox, is a neurotoxin used as a treatment for some neurological diseases and as a cosmetic product to remove surface wrinkles.

However, in high doses it can cause advanced muscle paralysis, breathing difficulties and even death.

Source link