Saturday , February 27 2021

The police investigation continues to be addressed in the case of Dennis Oland's murder

The John Ioan police investigation starring Richard Oland's abduction at the moment and place today as his second son Dennis Oland re-murdered his second week.

The court heard two other officers who were among the first to reach the victim's sub-door office after discovering their bludgeoned body on the morning of July 7, 2011.

Const. Don Shannon to Sgt. Stan Miller entered the scene of bloody offenses without wearing any protection equipment, hearing the courtroom.

But both tried to avoid stepping on any blood, they did not touch anything at the office and according to their steps back, they said.

Shannon testified that his first priority was to determine the victim's condition, which was reported to be unaware and not breathing, and what support he needed.

When he reached about two feet of the body on the floor and noticed "many" of dry blood, he quickly moved his focus to see if there were any other victims in the office, or he was suspected.

He stepped around the pond of blood and stood close to the walls, in order to avoid contamination of any evidence, he said.

Miller, who arrived at 52 Canterbury St. just a few minutes later, acknowledging that the defense had crossed that he had gone to the cellular office after he knew that the victim had died and that the office had to clear.

Richard Oland, 69, was found dead at his Saint John office on July 7, 2011. (Canadian Sailing Association)

Neither other officer remembered their shoes never being tested for blood.

During the first Oland trial in 2015, the court heard about the partial suspect of partially-skilled blood shoes, the forensic Captain. Originally, he believed that Mark Smith had been created when the body was eliminated but later realized, after reviewing the crime scene, that the pattern had been there before moving it.

Oland, 50, is deploying the death of his multimillionaire father. The 69-year-old businessman suffered more than 40 knots, his throat and hands, the court heard.

The Oland jury found guilty in December 2015, but the New Brunswick Appeal Court rejected the conviction in October 2016 and ordered a new trial, stating a mistake in the trial judge's instructions to the jury.

The judicial wife, who started on November 21, has heard that at least 19 officers have attended the bloody offense in the hours after the body has been discovered. Const. Duane Squires, who watched the scene, testified, under a cross examination on Friday that "probably would have done things differently."

A video shows a possible back door possible escape route

Also Friday, Oland's defense lawyers made a video to show how "killing or killing" could escape using the back office of the victim and was never proven for forensic evidence from the police.

The jury was not shown to the jury in the first Oland trial in 2015 and was not officially evidenced until Monday. Justice of the Bench of the King, Terrence Morrison, agreed to watch the controversial enactment, created by the defense with the help of a law student.

She shows the young man at the back of the building, walking right, hoping on top of a small garage in the river, climbing over a low retaining wall to a grassy backyard, turn to the left down a narrow path between two buildings, open a wooden gateway at the end and exit to Germain Street.

The back door is located on the second floor in front of the building and leaves at the level of almost the floor back because it is on a hill. The defense claims that this was the optional departure for the killers or the killers because this is the most hidden path.

Dennis Oland's defense team says that Richard Oland's murder could have extended 52 Canterbury St. using the back door and climbing on top of the small garage on the right. (Court Display)

"That's a possible way of escaping – do you agree with that not you?" Lead defense lawyer, Alan Gold, told Squires, another of the first officers to reach the scene that morning.

"Certainly," answered Squires.

"It was not so difficult to climb on those two elevations?" Gold pressing.

"No," acknowledged the officer.

Lawyer suggested Alan Gold told the court on Friday that the murderer could have climbed from the roof and the garage to the grass area shown here and then designated it down the path that is # 39 ; it leads to Germain Street. (Court Display)

Jill Knee Crown Prosecutor had opposed the defense video, stating that he had been filming in 2014 – three years after Oland was killed.

He argued that it was unclear if it was representative of the area at the time, identifying an example of a piece of rubbish that made it easier for a law student to climb on top of the garage.

Knee said the video does not have a profitable and very damaging value.

But Gold argued that Squires would make it more difficult "than it would have been" to have escaped from using that route and accused the Crown to try to reduce the significance of the back door.

Family has pushed to the police to investigate resume

The Oland family gave a statement on Monday requesting that the New Brunswick Police Commission immediately resumed its investigation to treat the police in the case.

The investigation took place in 2016 until the result of the criminal case.

The family said there is no reason that the auditor can not proceed now because the decision is back by the judge alone, without a jury.

"We are confident that the findings of such an investigation will support the conclusions that the investigation was filled with mistakes and Dennis should not be accused," read the statement signed by his mother Connie, Lisa's wife, and her uncle's family Derek Oland, executive chairman of Moosehead Breweries Limited.

Constance (Connie) Oland wants New Brunswick Police Commission to regenerate his review of the St John's Police investigation into the death of her husband. (CBC)

Oland's family lawyer, Bill Teed, had urged the commission to regenerate his review of the police investigation during the summer of 2017 on behalf of the widow's mother and victim of the accused, the introduction of the Crown Court's new courts, Constance (Connie) Oland.

The devolved reason of the commission for deferral of the review, to ensure that it did not affect his son's continuing criminal offenses, was "flawed", and Teed argued in the July 6 letter, which was previously prohibited by an announcement, to commission chairman Ron Cormier.

"The quality or lack of a police investigation remains a living issue and if your investigation confirms the number of alleged shortcomings that will only ensure that justice is done for Dennis Oland and & "I'm a family," said Teed.

He noted that it could be years before the criminal case came to the conclusion and if the commission's investigation had deferred until then, the quality of his investigation "would certainly suffer," he said.

"The Oland family and the general public deserve a full and timely investigation to deal with the San Juan Police of the murder of Richard Oland to ensure that no shortcomings are repeated."

The lawyer of the Commission, Robert Basge, answered five days later, saying that "ultimately" would be an investigation of police behavior in relation to the Oland investigation.

"The NBPC follows the events significantly as they happen and intends to respond to the process at the appropriate time," says Basque.

It is intended for the trial to continue for four months.

Source link