Sunday , June 20 2021

Richard Oland's cell phone sent missing a lead killer researcher on a trip

Dennis Oland concentrated back to a murder on Wednesday on Wednesday on a Saint John police investigation involving the death of a father's lost vehicle.

Const. Lead Investigator Stephen Davidson testified for making a series of test calls from different locations between Saint John and Rothesay using a iPhone 4-like, victim-owned, Richard Oland.

The police wanted to see the towers of the cells rising the signs – a matter the Crown inspected as recently as February 2018, the court room heard.

The last communication received by the victim's iPhone was a text message sent by his mistress at 6:44 p.m. on July 6, 2011.

He left cell water at Rothesay, near Renforth Wharf, where Dennis Oland told the police that he had stopped on his way home from visiting his father at his capital office, Saint John that night, when he became a person known to him to see him alive.

The 69-year-old body was found in his office the morning after, falling down in a pit of blood. He had suffered 45 strong and forceful injuries to his head, neck and hands.

The iPhone was the only thing that was missing from a multimillionaire office at 52 Canterbury St., while there were valuable items, such as its Rolex watch, wallet, and BMW keys, which were parked outside, all left unmoved.

Before he was killed, the phone had contacted a cell tower near his office, the court heard.

A radio frequency engineer will testify that cellular devices usually connect to the tower that provides the strongest sign, and said, as a general rule, is the nearest one, the prosecutor said the Crown, Jill Knee, during opening comments at the beginning of the trial.

On Wednesday, Davidson used numerical red stickers to show on the satellite imagery of the different locations that test calls were made using iPhone 4. (Court Display)

Davidson told the court that he held the test calls over four days in March 2012, starting in the Newtown area. He made 59 calls from random locations.

He said all the successful calls with a land line in a locked room at the police station, he said.

He also held test calls at Renforth Wharf, he said. Fifty of the 20 recorded a call from Rogers, he said.

The second call did not pass, there was no signal, Davidson said. He failed the fourth call and the fifth did not have a clear teller, he just tried to "drive out a noise," he said.

The network also changed from Rogers 3G to Rogers E while there, said Davidson, referring to his notes.

No evidence of the significance of those turrets or which cells the removal of the calls that have been removed have yet to be submitted.

During Oland's first trial in 2015, its defense lawyers argued that cellular cellphone predicting models were based on a mobile phone at a height of 1.5 meters – which is equivalent to someone standing on the street holding a phone.

If the victim's mobile phone was in its 2nd floor office when the last text was received, that basic assumption would not apply.

Richard Oland, 69, was found dead at his Saint John's office on July 7, 2011. (Canadian Sailing Association)

Oland, 50, is re-murdered for a re-murder in his father's death after the Court of Appeal reversed its conviction in December 2016 in October 2016 and ordered a new trial, stating a mistake in the trial judge's instructions to the jury.

Davidson testified on Wednesday for some extra test calls made in March 2012 to see how iPhone 4 responded to calls when it was, in the way sleeping and fled. He made the calls at Renforth Wharf using another mobile phone.

When the iPhone was underway, he was ringing four times before going to the voice post, when he was in sleep mode, showed the call that came in on the screen and had four audio rings before going to the voice post, and when it was powered, both went straight to the voice post, he said.

Davidson said that this aerial photograph shows the location and address that took pictures of cells of it, as requested by the Crown radio frequency engineer. (Court Display)

The court also heard some emails between Davidson and the Crown Cell Fire Engineer, Joseph Sadoun radio frequency engineer, earlier this year.

Davidson said that Sadoun would ask him to take specific pictures of specific towers. He took some on January 26 and some more on February 15, he said.

Evidence was given to the pictures, but they were not yet explained.

The trial is scheduled to resume Thursday at 9:30 a.m. with continued evidence and Davidson's interruption.

Dennis Oland has held his incentive of the start, and members of his extended family have stood by him. (CBC)

Davidson had only joined the large crime unit in Saint John three days before the victim's body was discovered, the court room heard Tuesday.

He was still setting up his new desk when he was sent on the call, who came in with the description of inconscious men incredible, he said.

Davidson wished him to enter the bloody office with Const. Tony Gilbert, who is about 10 feet, or about three meters, of the body, is close enough to observe the significant trauma to the victim's end, before going to # 39; tackle her actions.

He has also unlocked and opened a door in the second floor foyer outside the office because he "wants to see where he is leading," he said.

The door has never been proven for evidence, such as fingerprints or touch DNA, because it has contaminated, the head of the forensic unit has witnessed.

The defense has argued that the door would be the optional exit path of "killers or killers" because it has resulted in a back lane.

Davidson said he had notified the victim's family in the afternoon. Members and family members were commented but "it was not too emotional," he said.

Draig Dennis Oland, Lisa, was the only one who was very distressed, he said.

That night, Davidson interviewed Dennis Oland, in the first instance as a witness who could have information useful to the investigation. By the end of the interview, Oland was considered to be a possible doubt, he said.

Source link