Tuesday , October 4 2022

Parents of Vancouver's mother are tired after finding a needle in the nose storage game



[ad_1]

Mitch and Paula Selman and a six-year-old son, Angus with the Mouse Trap and spray game, were found inside the box in their home at Pitt Meadows.

Arlen Redekop / PNG / / PNG

Pitt Meadows' mum and dad have been shaken after they are 6 years old walking up to them in their home holding a spray, with the needle still attached and open, asking, "Mom, what is this?

The first graduate had discovered the hypodermic needle in a Mouse Trap board game that his new mom had bought for him in the Coquitlam Value Village.

Mitch and Paula Selman are concerned that the large corporate storage chain allows something that could change life and be dangerous to sell in a toy.

The syringe had capped with an orange plastic cap, but their son had pulled off to reveal the needle.

"The last thing any parent wants is for a child to bring her a needle in her hand," said Mitch Selman.

The wife of the Hys decided immediately that their son or two friends, eight and five years old had not been hit.

"For us, obviously, if one of the children had been hurt …" said Selman. He said he and his wife were worried that the needle could have contaminated by an infectious disease.

In the game box, there were also two tubes used partly of toxic "huffing" glue.

The parents were immediately called at Value Village and were troubled to find out that staff did not share their concern.

He eventually called back a worker and left a message on Paula's cellphone, with "a half-hearted 10-minute apology, followed by a 30-minute message about the sales they received that week for 30 per cent of children's clothing," said Selman .

"You can not put hypodermic needles to go out in children's toys, you can not do it," he said. "As a user, I should feel safe to shop for items in your store, period, and especially toys."

He said that despite being a crowd store, Value Village is a large corporation, profit.

"Hire another person to double check on the goods," he said.

Selman said he was still waiting on Monday for a pledge call from the store manager.

"I am hopeful (the manager) and our customers will have the opportunity to connect today," said Sara Gaugl, a spokesman for Value Village, an email on Monday.

"The safety of our customers and team members is crucial to us. Each of the companies has rigorous appraisal policies in place and are committed to evaluating each item for quality assurance before they go to & # 39 ; r sale floor. "

"This leaks the ball in so many ways," said retired SFU marketing teacher Lindsay Meredith. "If this is your screen and big pieces go through, it's not a very good screen."

The company's response "to ignore the customer until they are tired and going away" is the way in which companies usually deal with complaints before social media.

Now, he says, a company who declined to deal with a lawful complaint is at its own risk as the refusal can exceed the problem.

He said that the Village Value email response was in violation of what an innovative and transparent company should do in response to an emergency in 2018.

"Come clean and come clean quickly," he said. The company should acknowledge the lack and promise to indicate what went out of place and make changes so it will not happen again.

Selman said that Value Village must be accountable and indicate what it is doing to install the lip service ", and not just (pay)."

[email protected]


CLICK HERE to report typo.

Is there more to this story? We would like to hear from you about this or any other stories that you think we should know about. E-mail [email protected].

[ad_2]
Source link