Thursday , September 29 2022

Next steps for oil backlog – Canada News



[ad_1]

– –
| Story:
243434

Premier Rachel Notley discusses the case for installing oil production cuts across the industry in a letter to Albertans before a scheduled news conference.

The provincial government said that Notley will talk to Sunday night correspondents on the next steps to ensure that Albertans get the best possible value for their energy resources.

The premier has also released an op-ed piece where he says that the province must now operate to grow with growing oil growth, blaming lack of pipe capability.

Notley says in the letter that there are two competitive ideas for short-term relief – either letting the market own, impeding potential job losses and closures, or interrupting and restricting oil production temporary.

The chief was asked for production cuts following a speech that he made to the Toronto Trade Board on Thursday, but he would not say if she wanted the idea or against it.

His op-ed letter says that the government's decision will be announced on Sunday.

"Although there is a consensus among some political leaders, there is no consensus that exists within the industry. At the moment, the consensus of industry is not expected," says the Notley letter.

"So, Alberta, it's down to what's best for us, all of the 4.3 million of us, the owners of our oil resources. As owners, we have a obligation to get the maximum value."

The letter says that 35 million worth of barrels of Alberta oil are sitting in a store. As a result, the price of Alberta cradle sits around $ 10 per barrel, which Notley says is a fraction of what other world producers have. He said it meant that Alberta was losing $ 80 million a day.

The principal has already said that the province will buy as many as 80 locomotives and 7,000 railway tankers – they are expected to cost hundreds of millions of dollars – to relocate oil to the province to markets, with & First expected expectations at the end of 2019.

But he says in his letter that rail cars, new pipelines and increasing domestic refining capacity do not bring relief enough.

"We need to do more and do now," said Notley. "That option does not drop."

Cenovus Energy offered the idea of ​​breaking the production last month and the idea from opposition politicians in Alberta is supported, including Leader of the United Conservative Party Jason Kenney.

However, Imperial and Husky said on Friday they continued to oppose indirect production cuts but support rail investments because they could help improve market access.

132197

– –
December 1, 2018 / 3:50 pm | Story:
243425

The government's main whip for the federal Liberals says that AS Raj Grewal is out of the party's gang.

Ajax MP Mark Holland says in a tweet that he had confirmed Saturday morning with the House of Commons Spokesperson that Grewal "is not a Liberal Caucus member."

The MP took over Brampton East to Facebook on Friday to say that he had repayed his significant gambling debts and is now reconsidering his busy decision to give politics up.

He announced last month that he stepped down immediately to deal with "personal and medical reasons."

The Office of the First Minister later said that Grewal's sharp decision was triggered by a problem of gambling that led to significant personal debts.

First Minister, Justin Trudeau, said on Saturday that he learned about the Grewal gambling problem just over a week ago, but his office had no information that the RCMP investigation had contacted the matter.

Trudeau told a news conference in Buenos Aires that he knew that the Mounties had been exploring Raj Grewal's connection with India's prime minister's trip this year.

Grewal had invited a construction executive – who paid for legal services – to official events with Trudeau during the trip.

The Chief Minding Officer was aware that the RCMP asked questions about the India trip and that there was an ethical investigation around Grewal, said Trudeau.

"We did not have any information at that point, there was any connection with a gambling problem that we did not have any information about," he said.

"On Wednesday last week, we were told about Mr Grewal's gambling problem … I understand that my office has become aware of that within a day or briefing."

In his Facebook Facebook message, Grewal said he had begun to attend the Casino du Lac Leamy at Gatineau, Que., In early 2016, breaking personal debt in the millions of dollars playing blackjack. He started lending money from family and friends to continue to gamble.

"On average sitting, I would spend between 15 and 30 minutes aboard, and I earned a lot of money, which made me continue to track a victory, or I lost a lot of money, and threw it into total despair , "he said.

"I want to make it clear that every individual personal loan made to me is checking. Everyone has been paid back and every loan and repayment is transparent and easy to track."

The issue had nothing to do with "something incredible" except for the problems of addiction, he added, when he apologized to his family for having to bail and carry it with the burden.

Grewal said he would take leave from the Liberal caucus to focus on his mental health, and make a final decision about his political future before Senate resumed in the new year.

A source of information about events has told The Canadian Press that the RCMP has begun to look at Grewal casino gaming based on reports of huge unusual financial transactions.

– –
December 1, 2018 / 10:25 am | Story:
243417

Canada Post says protesters that block posting into and out of one of the country's busiest mail centers break a court order.

The protesters are outside the facility at Mlasauga, Ont., Which are mainly members of the Public Workers' Union in Canada that are compatible with Post employees enacted back to work last week.

The contingency legislation was passed on Monday following about five weeks of Union Post Workers Union rotation strikes.

CUPE says that 19 protests have organized this weekend on facilities across the country, allowing employees to enter, but do not leave the post to the post.

The Ontario branch of that union says that the objectors have been banned, but they still plan to protest that are compatible with the postal workers.

The injunction was granted by courts in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia, excluding anyone preventing or interfere with or entering incoming people or leaving their facilities.

133313

– –
December 1, 2018 / 2:42 am | Story:
243411

Nobody claimed the $ 60 million jotpot in the order of Lotto Max on Friday.

However, 11 prizes and 35 Maxmillions were won from $ 1 million each.

The jackpot for the next Lotto Max pulls on December 7 will continue to be around $ 60 million, but the number of Maxmillions awards offered will increase to 42.

– –
November 30, 2018 / 3:42 pm | Story:
243332

A hard word judge had a Friday for a famous ski resort in the UK, finishing her $ 2.1 million to frighten trees as a shame.

Llyn Louise Skate Lake pleaded guilty last December to take down a tree stall, including 38 pins in a white bar at risk, along ski running in 2013.

"There is a cumulative impact on the white park pine with a potential risk of undermining the survival of the species in the coming decades," said Judge Heather Lamoureux.

Lamoureux noted that the trees were cut into a national park, the resort failed to make sure its employees knew that the white park pine was at risk and the destroyed trees were all healthy.

"The Crown has proved beyond reasonable suspicion that the actions of Lake Louise Ski Area to workers are recklessly give their knowledge of the restrictions of operating a commercial ski resort in a national park," he said. "The risk of harm was easy to predict."

Lamoureux gave the destination a year to pay around $ 55,000 of a tree.

Llyn Louise spokeswoman said the destination would probably appeal to the fine, which almost doubles what was expected.

Dan Markham said that the judge appeared to have ignored evidence at the sentencing hearing which suggested that cutting off the trees would have no effect on the general population of white white pine in Canada.

"It was clearly presented in court and it was accepted by the prosecutor that there was no impact on any level of white white pine that was broken," said Markham, brand director and communications at Lake Louise.

"This type of information that is not included and considered in the ruling is something that we must consider, so at the moment we will appeal against the decision. "

He said steps have been taken to ensure that other white white pins are not cut down. They include better staff education and marking the 7,000 white white cans in the destination area.

– –
November 30, 2018 / 3:37 pm | Story:
243385

Emile Claveau could not believe his eyes as he drove to work along busy highways in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean-Quebec-Quebec region on Wednesday.

As he approaches a 250km transport truck to the north of Quebec City, notice a man on the back.

"He was sitting, cross-leg, still holding a door," said Claveau on Friday. "I was shocked and I tried to get the truck driver's attention, but there was too much traffic on the highway, so eventually I called the police."

Quebec's provincial police call for 7:20 a.m. Wednesday tells someone on the back of a tractor trailer, Sgt. Marie-Josee Ouellet said.

When a car patrol was caught up to the truck more than an hour later, the man had climbed down and in the car stopped another motorist.

The driver of the car, Dave Tremblay, who gave the man's lift unlimited, was at the 98.5 radio station this week the horse rode about two feet from a truck bed.

The figure of the unconventional hitchhiker hopes on his own and was on the Quebec-edge truck over 100km before a motorist managed to warn Tremblay on Highway 175 at the Laurentides Nature Reserve.

It was not clear where the man wanted to go, but he was clearly determined. Tremblay said there were snow storms and the driver was badly worn for the elements.

"He was freezing. He was like a snowbird," said Tremblay at the station. He wonders how long the man would have been able to hang if he did not stop when he did.

The police say a 38-year-old man from Alma, Que. is being treated for hypothermia and could face a $ 1,000 fine and be hit with a dozen point of delay for holding a moving vehicle.

Claveau has never seen anything like him in Quebec.

"I think it did not make any sense," he said. "That's why I've tried to give up the truck. It's not something you see everyday."

– –
November 30, 2018 / 11:29 am | Story:
243351

The lawyer of a man before Hafland who was convicted of killing two of the veterans of Alberta has asked for a new trial.

Travis Vader was sentenced in January 2017 to live in prison for manslaughter in the deaths of Lyle and Marie McCann.

Defense lawyers have asked the Alberta Court of Appeal for a new trial on the basis that there are several errors in the original one.

They argue that the trial takes too much time so that the convictions can be saved.

They also point out that the judge was mistakenly using an old section of the Criminal Code and homicide instead of slaughter later for the original ruling of a second degree murder.

McCanns, who was in their late 70s, disappeared in 2010 after leaving their Edmonton area home to camp in British Columbia.

The Court of Appeal has kept its decision.

– –
November 30, 2018 / 11:21 am | Story:
243350

The finance minister of Alberta says that the gap will expand in the price that Canada's oil will not affect the budget this year, but if it is eliminated, it will mean hard times.

Joe Ceci released the second quarter's provincial update for this year's provincial budget.

The revised prospects anticipate a further small reduction in the projected deficit to $ 7.5 billion when the financial year ends March 31.

That is mainly due to higher than expected revenues of personal income taxes and $ 1.3 billion more than anticipated in bitumen and crude oil royalties.

But it is anticipated that those numbers will slip as the discounted price of Canada oil creates a domino effect on the Alberta economy.

Alberta oil is getting much smaller compared to the market because of supply supply, growing stock lists and a bottle of pipe.

The province now buys rail cars to get more oil to the market.

– –
November 30, 2018 / 11:18 am | Story:
243349

Police police police & police officers say that Niagara's regional police officer injured during an assault with a co-officer on Thursday was shot several times.

The Special Investigations Unit looks at the shootout event held at noon at Pelham, Ont.

In today's news release, the agency says that both officers investigated a collision that occurred earlier when they were taking part in a debate.

The agency says that one of the officers is shooting their weapons multiple times, injuring it badly to the other officer.

He says that there were 12 other officers seeing the incident, which is now being investigated by the provincial police.

The injured officer – a 52-year-old man with 28 years after the police – was smoked to hospital in a critical condition, and has since stabilized.

– –
November 30, 2018 / 11:13 am | Story:
243348

The Canadian Forces aircraft are expected at Iles-de-la-Madeleine this afternoon, transporting supplies and personnel to help residents who were cut off from the rest of Quebec when a fierce winter storm came on Wednesday.

Public Protection Minister Ralph Goodale replied that Hercules's plane was on the way and watched the situation vigilantly.

"The Canadian Armed Forces will currently provide catering support and up to 250 CAF staff to assist in maintaining health and well-being patrols and assisting officers in evacuating residents if necessary," he said in a statement.

It is expected to take this afternoon after you stop tools and personnel in Montreal and Quebec.

Québec Public Protection Minister, Genevieve Guilbault, said that the crisis was beyond the provincial government's ability to respond so it was necessary to turn to Ottawa.

Speaking to correspondents in Quebec City on Friday, he said that the Canadian Forces team will be able to determine the needs on the ground quickly.

Guilbault said that Hydro-Quebec crews have been successful in late late Thursday and are working to repair down wires that have left at least 2,000 homes without power.

The Internet and cell phone service heavy winds broke, but civil security said on Thursday Quebec, telecommunications had been partially restored. The network was still fragile and residents were asked to restrict the use of the Internet.

Following the storm, the island residents were able to call them on landlines, but they could not connect to the mainland due to damage to underwater cables. There were winds of up to 130 km / h and rough seas fighting in the islands on Wednesday, with high winds continuing on Thursday.

Technicians were able to restore a partial Internet and cable cables through one of the damaged cables, says Guilbault. "It's important to establish a satellite telecommunications network so that people can communicate with the mainland," he added.

Quebec's provincial police has been going door to door to check on those without power. Sgt. Claude Doiron says a fire burns a low-cost housing complex to the floor on Thursday morning, leaving around 40 people homeless. No-one was seriously injured.

– –
November 30, 2018 / 7:59 am | Story:
243325

An alleged serial death that faces murder payments will result in the death of eight men who have connections to the gay village of Toronto, who were tested in January 2020.

Bruce McArthur said a little in the appearance of a short court this morning and avoids looking at members of the family of alleged victims.

The police found the remains of seven of the men in large plants in a place-occupied property and the 67-year-old worked as a landscaper.

The remains of the alleged eighth victim were seen in a cemetery behind the same property in mid Toronto.

The Crown said that it was ready to start the test in September 2019, but said the defense that would not be available until January.

The trial is scheduled to start on January 6, 2020.

– –
November 30, 2018 / 7:46 am | Story:
243324

The Supreme Court of Canada says that a correspondent must give the RCMP material that he has collected about accused terrorism stories.

The 9-0 decision is likely to be considered as a mediation that could leave them open to police investigative arms.

In 2014, Ben Makuch, the sub-media correspondent, wrote three articles about the Farah Shirdon, formerly of Calgary, with the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant.

Shirdon had left Canada to Turkey in March of that year. A month later, he appeared on an ISIL propaganda video that turned on the web. He got up his Canadian passport, and threw it into a fire and said, "With the help of Allah, we are coming to kill you."

The interchanges between Makuch and Shirdon through text messaging services were essential to the articles.

In 2015, the RCMP received a production order under the Criminal Code, directing Sub-Media and Makuch to provide documents and data relating to communication with Shirdon, which may now be dead.

Makuch made a request to suspend the production order, but he was dismissed – a decision confirmed by the Ontario Court of Appeal.

The Supreme Court agreed to hear the case of Makuch, who released the press against the investigative powers of the police.

In a previous case, the court had set nine conditions for assessing the reasonableness of a media center search.

Sub-media in the Supreme Court argued that lower courts had been wrong applying for the balancing test, or failure to apply.

Philip Tunley, a lawyer for Sub Media, told the high court last May that there should be clear defenses for the media when enforcement agencies hit.

The result of current law and practice said "cooling effect" was on the important role of the media in collecting and publishing news in Canada.

More Canadian News

[ad_2]
Source link