Thursday , August 11 2022

Conor McGregor tweets that he is retiring – on the night he talked about his national TV fighting plans



[ad_1]

Conor McGregor, former UFC champion, announced Monday's conflict statements about his future.

First, he went on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and he reiterated what he had been saying recently, that he was discussing a fight in July.

He then retired from mixed martial arts, shortly after midnight ET.

WATCH: October 7, 2018 – Dana White is going to grasp the fight after fighting in UFC 229 Khabib vs. McGregor is fighting: ‘I'm disappointed’





McGregor posted on his Twitter account, “Hey guys quick announcement, I've decided to retire from the sport called formally Art Martial Art’ today. I wish my old colleagues well in progressing in competition. I am now joining my former partners on this already retired initiative. Appropriate Pina Coladas on my fellas! ”

In April 2016, McGregor criticized his retirement, weeks after losing to Nate Diaz in UFC 196. He was back in the Octagon four months later, beating Diaz at UFC 202.

McGregor had said The Tonight Show, “My next battle, we are in talks for July. We are in talks for July. so we'll see what happens. Much politics takes place. The fighting game is a crazy game, but as I said again, to my supporters, I'm shaped and I'm ready.

READ MORE: Conor McGregor was arrested after stealing a mobile phone from someone trying to take a photo of him – the police

“There are many opponents. In fact, I can choose who I am. ”

He added, “I've done a lot, I've fought a lot. I never pulled out of competitions. I've gone through some crazy injuries and crazy external situations that many men would sprint for the hills if they happened to them. I stood firm and made my point to the company.

WATCH: October 3, 2018 – Conor McGregor agrees to extend a five-fight contract with the UFC t





“I don't necessarily need to fight. I'm ready for life, my family has to set it for life, we're good. But I want to fight, so we'll see what happens. I'm just waiting already, so I like to say. ”

The Irish 30-year-old lost his latest match to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 in October. At the moment we are spending a period of six months stopping him from taking part in a post-fight fracking after that bout, but he will be free to fight again by the beginning of April 6.

McGregor (21-4-0, 18 knockouts) has held the UFC featherweight and light weight championships.

READ MORE: Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov were fined, banned for brawl UFC 229

[ad_2]
Source link