On October 19, 2017, during normal observation with Pan-STARRS telescope, the war object Oumoumoua. The impression of this event was the same as eating lunch from a far country unexpectedly. After talking to the hotel, you can understand the customs and culture of this country without visiting it. This is a great opportunity, especially given that we need hundreds of years, and perhaps thousands of years to visit the nearest star with the help of the existing chemical missiles.
It is stunning that our first war hotel turns awesome and is not like what we have seen so far. But until we find out how unusual this space object is, it can abolish the space of darkness, and we can not again look at its strange properties.
Here is the list of six unusual facts about Oumoumoua:
- Assuming that other planetary systems are reminiscent of the Solar System, Pan-STARRS should not find such a cosmic scale. The article, published ten years ago, envisages many asteroids of war, which are thousands of times less than Oumoumoua, and is now now a member of the accidental cost of asteroids. In other words, finding Oumoumoua means that the number of war objects is much more than what came to be. Each star of the Milky Way, during its existence, should throw out 1015 Similar objects to obtain a population of adequate asteroids and thus explain the discovery of Oumoumoua.
- Oumoumuna moved from a very specific point of place – from a point of cinematic rest (LSR) standard. This is a point in the vicinity of the Sun where the speed of the celestial body is equal to the average speed of the stars in this region. That is, at this point, all the stars around move equally. To make it simple, reaching from this point is the perfect camouflage or cover, which does not give any opportunity to understand where Oumoumoua arrived.
- Scientists believe that most star asteroids are separated from their parent star when they are on the outskirts of their planetary system. For example, in the Oort Valley of our Solar System, which extends 100,000 times as far as Earth is to the Sun, the severity of the Sun is not affected by them. For these objects, there are even very small speeds – in the order of the second moment – enough to fly to space. But when leaving, these asteroids keep their star's speed on LSR. That is, if Oumoumuna had flown from a typical star, the speed had to be high – about 20 km / s (average speed of LSR). But this dissertation does not apply to the cosmic hotel
- We do not have any pictures of Oumoumuna, but its brightness, due to sunlight, is changing 10 times every 8 hours, as the rotation phase is around its own axis. This means that the asteroid has a long long shape – its length is at least 5-10 times larger than width. However, the analysis of its "acrobatic" movement showed its form as a supposition. Each asteroid, even the most extreme, has been seen in human history, a semi-width ratio of not more than three times.
- Spitzer Telescope has not found heat in the form of infrared radiation of Oumoumuna. Given its surface temperature and the traverse of this asteroid near the Sun, its maximum size can be said to be about 100 meters. Assuming that this boundary is true, Oumoumuna must be unusual, with a reflection factor of at least 10 times higher than the asteroid system and the Solar System.
- The Oumoumoua journey broke out of expectation, calculated to be based on the gravity of the Sun. Disposal is small – about two hundred percent, but statistically significant. Such behavior is exposed by the comets when the ice on their attitude starts heating from the heat of the sun and, with the evaporation, creates a rocket rupture. But this vapor would form a queue, and nothing similar was realized. The Spitzer telescope showed a total lack of carbon or dust molecules around Oumoumoua, and it became clear that gas vapor had not left. In addition, the queue would change the Oumoumoua rotation period, but there were no such changes.
This change could not be achieved in the Oumoumuna orbit by breaking a small part of the asteroid, as it would have a stimulating stroke, unlike the constant impact seen. In this case, there is only one possibility: the additional oven is derived from the radiation of the Sun. In order for this oven to be effective, the Oumamura must be tighter than millimeter, but not less than 20 meters. That is, a solar canvas similar to the solar canvas of the Japanese IKAROS mission.
Assuming that this space object is artificial, we can not decide that this is one space letter "in bottle", which came to us only after so many years of searching for signals of foreign civilizations. This solar canvas survives the constant conflicts with stellar atoms and dust as it travels through the galaxies.
When considering the possibility that Oumoumuna is an artificial origin, it's good to remember what Sherlock Holmes says – when all the possible options have been excluded, what's the rest , awesome, is the truth. The Kepler Space Telescope has shown that there are many stars in the Milky Way that have Earth-like planets, with the potential to have fluid water on their life and attitude as we know. That is why she definitely assumes that many objects created artificially in the space of war – may be used for intelligence purposes, there may be only a few equipment. But to check the Oumoumuna artificial origin, more data is needed. Or, as Carl Sagan says,Uncommon claims require incredible evidence".
In fact, the likelihood of an artificial cosmic body that comes within the solar system is too small. For a similar object to arrive conveniently for us, it should be released to the cosmos through the life of the star. 1015 solar lanes – that is, one every 5 minutes. But this number of solar lanes can be minimized if objects like Oumoumuna are not accidentally flying, but following special orbits that allow them to reach the internal dwelling areas of planetary star systems such as our solar system .
Oumoumuna is moving too fast so that our chemical fuel missiles can catch up with it without the serious help of the planets. But this strange asteroid will take thousands of years to leave the Solar System, and we will be able to study it with a space search engine if, of course, we are developing technologies for faster travel in the next 10-20 years.
In addition, we can expect new star hotels. Over the next few years, the large LSST (Large Synoptic Survey Telescope), which is very sensitive and able to find objects similar to Oumoumoua, must work. It is expected that many similar objects will be seen during the first year of its work. But if we do not find others, we know that Oumoumoua is especially special, and we must catch it up and understand what it's hidden.
6 Extraordinary facts about the Oumuamua Interlinked Visitor