Sunday , January 24 2021

In the Headlines | It dies from the infestation of tap tapeworm larvae in the brain

Story is cold in the back … t

Linked to seizure, an 18-year-old man was taken to the emergency department Faridabad, India, according to an article in the New England Journal of Medicine on Thursday.

Her parents told the doctors that their son had been complaining about unhealthy pain for a week. He also suffered from swelling in his right eye. After giving him MRI, they discovered a lot of cystic sores having been well defined in his brain. Every white place is a cyst created by larvae Taenia solium, also known as pork worms.

They diagnosed neurocysticercosis, parasitic infestation of the central nervous system by tap tapeworms.

After ultrasound, doctors Nishanth Dev and S. Zafar Abbas found cysts in the patient's right eye and also the right candle.

Due to the number and location of cysts, his doctors decided not to treat the young man with pest control medication. These can exacerbate bleeding and the brain and inflammation whilst causing sight loss.

Instead, he received inflammatory therapy, dexamethasone, as well as anti-epileptic drugs. Alas, two weeks after arriving at the emergency room, the patient died.

How do you catch the "worm"?

More commonly known as "worms", the wide worms, if untreated, can survive in the body for several decades.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), people can become infected with this parasite, which develops in our small intestines, after eating uncooked foods, especially pork, beef or water. has been contaminated. tap eggs, or even from stools one of these animals or a man who has already been infected.

Tartar steak at risk

To prevent this, the most important thing is to ensure prolonged freezing (-10 ° C for at least 10 days) or to adequately cook pork or beef, to destroy tapeworm larvae.

Eating tartar steak is at risk. In particular, food hygiene measures in regions of the world where sanitary and veterinary controls are less developed must be respected.

One of the typical signs of a worm is the presence of rings in the stools, in the panties or in the sheets. These circles, which are average 2 centimeters, are white and move.

Watch out for raw fish

We can also observe a number of symptoms in patients: abnormal weight loss, abdominal pain, nausea, appetite disorders, rash, fatigue, headaches.

The infection is enhanced by taking pest control.

Note also that the fish "spreads", a species that can be found in larvae of freshwater fish and salmon. Larvae can be swallowed when the fish is raw, uncooked full or frozen.

Source link