The death of a 72-year-old man from Chubut Epuyén town was confirmed on Friday as a fourth hantavirus victim at Esquel hospital. there are six other people with a positive diagnosis, reported the provincial Ministry of Health.
Chubut's health portfolio was notified in a statement that there were ten positive confirmed cases at the Buenos Aires Institute of Buenos Aires. Provincial authorities reinforced the task of prevention and awareness. In addition, they extended the health notice for 90 days in the Esquel program area.
The Chubut Health Ministry remembered that the region was endemic and the presence of this virus It is cause of cause and not an epidemic.
Authorities recommended that the population and tourists take the necessary measures to avoid interruption, house conditions and tidy and clean sheds, use bleach to disinfect and ventilate less than an hour The rooms that were waiting closed for a long time was long
In addition, it was suggested to carry out rural tasks with clothing, adequate shoes and respiratory protection with chinstrap or wearing; and in camping, choose a place without weeds and not sleep in direct contact with the grass; Respect the park keepers' signs, walking paths, with suitable clothing and footwear, avoiding weed places.
The disease is transmitted by contact with urine, saliva and the exception of checks that have been infected by this virus and can be transmitted from person to person by close contact with patients during the initial fever period, between the first 48 to 72 hours.
Fever, muscle pain, stomach, headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea and respiratory disorders are symptoms of hantavirus.