He arrived two dozen football soccer and so many t-shirts so that at midday on Saturday the G20 it would give up to FIFA. If the International Olympic Committee has the status of the permanent observer to the UN General Assembly, the governing body in football now counts, and thanks to an initiative by President Mauricio Macri, with a record annual G20 meetings.
"I found the leaders of the G20 incredible, when you give them a ball they're like us, they are all children," he said. Gianni Infantino during his interview with Infobae This Saturday, before leaving Montevideo. He noted the Swiss-Italian, fraudulent, ball and shirt with the name of each of the heads of state or government gathered in Buenos Aires. So, he brought everyone who opened the road for a powerful speech where he told them that the economic movement of football, about 330,000 million dollars a year, makes the world's most popular world something that is. is the equivalent of a medium sized country with aspirations to be a member of the G20.
– He is surprised by the power of his speech before the G20 presidents.
– The truth is that the enthusiasm of the leaders is a surprise for me, and I think she also listens to them. When you are an important country leader you have many problems. They like football, they know it exists, many of them are supporters, but they do not necessarily know what it's producing. For FIFA, it has been possible to have 20 main world leaders and explain what football and what it produces.
– How has Mauricio Macri's invitation to produce?
– We had a talk in Davos in January of this year and we talked for the first time about this possibility of FIFA participating in the G-20, something that has never happened. At the end, we found that they were all interested, excited. It's amazing, when you give them a ball in their hands, the leaders are like us, they are all children.
– FIFA in the G20, the IOC with the UN …
– No, there is no competition in this sense, there is only sport and only one truly global sport, which is football. And after what happened in FIFA, it is very important for us that the states want a direct relationship with us. That means that things have already changed, we have managed to change the FIFA perception. Being a member of the G-20 is more joke, but we know that developing soccer also has a positive impact on G-20 countries.
– Its clarity is surprised when talking about Qatar. Offers for 2022 World Cups from 48 participants and in many countries. Do you have those countries in mind?
– Can you tell me?
– Would you add one other country, two more, three more …?
– Those who want! One two, three. It would be nice. Let's see it, it's a bit complicated of course, but nothing in football is impossible. If we have already made a decision 48 to 2026, if it's good, why wait until that? We know, of course, the situation in the region. If it is not possible, we will organize the World Cup of 32 which will be great. And if possible we will have been able to make a decision the world wants. And we have managed to bring countries closer so that they can talk a bit more in themselves.
Infantino, who had started the relationship with Argentina and three years ago in a climate of a specific and unreliable set, has a good round trip with the president and with the head of candidature for three years ago 2030 World Cup, Fernando Marin, with her flying to Uruguay in a private plane from San Fernando airport after visiting Argentina. The other Argentina who has a great proximity is Diego Maradona: "I do not see him since the World Cup, but he's doing things very well in Mexican football."
Gianni Infantino, president of FIFA: "I'm noticing an aggressive in Argentina that I do not understand and it's my opinion"