Wednesday , June 29 2022

Sanitary warning in Esquel for hantavirus: there are three fatal victims already



[ad_1]

A 38-year-old woman died as an employee at Ysbyty de Epuyén, yesterday at Ysbyty de Esquel and is a third victim of hantavirus death. The case joins a 14-year-old girl – 2nd of this month – and the Epuyén urban worker of 61 who died last week.

Chubut Health Minister, Adrián Pizzi, confirmed that they were nine positive cases of hantavirus who were confirmed at the Malbrán Foundation laboratory, including the last victim.

"To that end we need to add two other cases of suspected patients who do not have evolution at a different level, but Malbrán needs confirmation, in a peak picture of which the health notice was declared," explained the officer. a Telam

Pizzi explained that "the interpersonal assault that occurred to be the first assumption of the intervention of the disease". "What happened in Epuyén is very similar to those reported in 1996 at El Bolsón," he said.

The fact that the virus is spreading a person to a person lacking health in itself, due to the most known type of how the epidemic spreads through the transmitted virus and the small "Oligoryzomys longicaudatus", called "colilargo mouse" in the range mountain, where it spreads.

In fact, no mice was found in the room where infectious people had a connection, nor in the "peridomicilation" of those affected where traps were given.

The minister said that the epidemiological warning will allow the province to send money immediately to reinforce hospitals at their response level, especially to the Epuyén rural hospital.

With information from Télam

[ad_2]
Source link