A 31-year-old man used a cotton swab to dry his ear, but never thought about the risk he could be exposed to. The product caused "harmless", a terrible infection.
After suffering seizures and vomiting, a man was rushed to a hospital in England where doctors confirmed he was suffering from a dangerous infection. Although the patient had been treated by his GP, days later his health deteriorated and he confirmed an unusual diagnosis.
After being cured by strong pain hearthe situation deteriorated and doctors confirmed that the patient had suffered an unusual infection which caused cranial abscesses. Although the man had no fever and his physical examination was "normal", he had started suffering from memory loss, headaches, seizures, hear, secretion from your hear left and vomiting.
For this reason, the patient had a more thorough examination and CT scans of the skull showed the presence of abscesses caused by an infection called necrotizing otter externa which began with a cotton swab.
The infection that is intimidating is caused by bacteria and affects the ear canal, the bone around it and, in the case of this man, it has also affected the tissue inside & # 39 the skull, but not the brain. Expert Alexander Charlton said the patient had a history of intermittent pain in the hear left and hearing loss for five years.
In the face of possible fatal meningitis due to brain infection, the man was treated with antibiotics. Before that, the doctors examined them hear under general anesthesia and the ear canal was found to be inflamed and with cotton buds.
For this reason, the professionals withdrew the cotton that remained in the hear the patient, and the waste was removed. After 10 weeks, she managed to improve it completely.
Although it is normal for many people to use swabs to clean their ears, in 2017, health officials said it should not be used for that purpose, as it can damage the ear canal and eardrum. In addition, recent studies suggest that the ear canal is “self-cleaning” and recommends cleaning the entrance to the ears with a piece of damp cloth.
Medical misconduct: they confused autism with deafness, and now this baby was left without ear