Los Angeles – Star mixed martial arts Conor McGregor He said on Monday that he had retired from the sport, promising to tie his gloves for a second time in three years.
The Irish star who speaks Spanish at the Ultimate Fighting Championship wrote on Twitter that he had decided to call time on his career in the octagon.
"Hey guys quick announcement, I've decided to retire from the sport formally called 'Martial Arts Martial' today," t McGregor wrote. "I want my good old colleagues when moving forward in a competition." T
"I am now joining my former partners on this already retired venture. Pina Coladas married me on the fellas!"
McGregor, 30, has not fought since being beaten by competitor Khabib Nurmagomedov in October last year.
The Dubliner, one of the most bankrupt stars in UFC, had previously promised to retire in 2016 in a move that was widely regarded as negotiating gambling.
"I have decided to retire at a young age. Thank you for the cheese," McGregor wrote in April 2016. His short-term retirement ended in August 2016, when he returned to fight Nate Diaz in Las Vegas.
McGregor's decision comes after a few troubled weeks for the Irish fighter.
He was arrested in Miami earlier this month after claiming to break a phone outside Florida nightclub.
Later he was charged with criminal wrongdoing and a strong armed robbery after the police said he had slapped the phone out of a fan hand and then stombed him.
McGregor was also arrested last year in New York after the police said he had attacked a charter bus carrying several martial arts fighters. He showed a video of the newcation McGregor, throwing a doll of steel through the bus window.
McGregor was also at the heart of a brawl which exploded immediately after being defeated at Nurmagomedov last October in Las Vegas.
In January, the State Athletic Commission gave Nevada a six-month suspension to McGregor for his role in the post-fight melee, which was backdated to October.
McGregor would have been eligible to fight again at the beginning of April.
McGregor is one of the most successful fighters in the history of mixed martial arts, helping to broaden the appeal of the sport beyond its base of hard supporters.
It is estimated that the Irishman has won $ 200 million in his fighting career, which included a cross-battle attack against former welt weight boxing champion, Floyd Mayweather in August 2017.
Quick announcement Hey guys, I have decided to retire from the sport formally known as “Mixed Martial Arts” today.
I wish my old colleagues well in progressing in competition.
I am now joining my former partners on this already retired initiative.
Appropriate Pina Coladas on me fellas!
– Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) March 26, 2019