Thursday , February 25 2021

A team of researchers have been swallowing Lego's pieces in the name of science




(Ekaterina79 / Getty)
(Ekaterina79 / Getty)

A team of doctors uploaded Lego pieces to see how long they are taking to pass the body.

And the results, published in the December issue are often more lighter than the Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health, should be encouraging to parents who are worried about their children taking advantage of small toys, according to the researchers.

The six pediatric healthcare workers from the Do not Forget The Bubbles website, located in the UK and Australia, each had swallowed Lego's character head and measured how long the body took out.

Small toys is the second most swallowed item among children after coins, according to the researchers, but very little research has been done on the subject.

The team consisted of two famous measures for the experiment: the Hardship and Transfiguration score (Shat), which measured the accuracy of the sewage, and the Found Time Received (Fart), to track how much Lego's head took a long pass.

The average Fart score was 1.7 days, although one of the six heads was missing and never turned up, despite the researcher looking for his stool for two weeks.

No team reported any side effects or pain of the experiment, and Shat scores suggested that the presence of the head did not affect sewage consistency.

The study came to the conclusion: "The toy object quickly goes through adult topics with no complications, which will provide assurance to parents, and the authors recommend that no one should be expected parent search through their child's shower to test object recovery. "

Ultimately, the team acknowledges that the study was not "hard science" but only "a little fun in the pre-Christmas period".

They indicate that due to the size of the small sample, and the fact that the subjects in the adult study rather than children, "it's important that you do not extrapolate the data to the entire population of Lego carriers".

Researchers were eager to emphasize that people should not repeat the study at home – and parents should contact a doctor if they are worried about anything that their child has swallowed up.

Press Association


Source link